Quick, healthy and wholesome recipes for students, young adults and beginner cooks
Yum-mo is the culmination of Carina Truyts’s own experiences as a young cook in a house full of hungry students, given credence by her training as a professional chef. This fun and contemporary cookbook will inspire beginners to jump in and discover the joys of cooking – from picnic foods for alfresco eating to baking cookies as a team. It will also show you how to turn a flop into a triumph, even in the smallest apartment or shared kitchen.
• Gives detailed instructions and includes full-colour photographs
• Explains basic cooking techniques
• Includes recipes for everything from breakfast to soup, pizza and pasta, fish and meat mains and, of course, something for those with a sweet tooth
• Covers options for vegetarian meals, end-of-the-month budget dishes, what to do with leftovers and even hangover remedies
• Contains recipes for simple, everyday meals to feasts for entertaining friends
Carina, who was trained as a chef at the well-known Silwood Kitchens, put together this indispensable kitchen guide while studying for her degree at Rhodes University. She is currently completing post-graduate studies at the University of Cape Town while working as a private chef for overseas visitors. In between, she spoils her friends with Yum-mo meals served on her tiny balcony.
Also available in English.